<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

17/09/2014

North African Baked Chicken Kebabs / Kabobs

Halal Home Cooking: North African Baked Chicken Kebabs / Kabobs
Tasty north african spiced, baked chicken kebabs also known as kabobs.

I found this recipe whilst browsing pinterest, original can be found on closet cooking.

Changes I Made

  • I used Halal Chicken Thighs which were skinless, boneless and diced, The original recipe doesn't state what part of the chicken to be used but I like thigh it doesn't dry out so quick like breast meat does as it has a bit of fat which = flavour.
  • I used smoked paprika instead of regular
  • I used 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin instead of toasted cumin seeds that are then ground
  • I used 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules instead of fresh garlic 
  • I reduced the olive oil by 1 tablespoon
  • I don't have a grill so I pierced my marinated chicken onto skewers and baked at 220C for 15-18 minutes. 
The original recipe says Moroccan style but I'm pretty sure any north african country could claim these as their own, I know I would.

I hope you like the changes made on the blog design jazak Allah khair to Noor for all her patience with me.

I've made a recipe index page it's a work in progress so feel free to have a look around and if there is anything specific your looking for? try the search button on the side bar.

North African Baked Chicken Kebabs 

Adapted from: Closet Cooking
Serves: 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Marinate Time: 20 minutes 
Cooking Time: 15-18 minutes
Total Time: approximately 45 minutes
Special Equipment: metal or water soaked bamboo skewers

Ingredients

450 grams or 1 pound halal, skinless and boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne (you can use mild ground chili if you prefer)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger

Method

  1. Add chicken and the rest of the ingredients to a medium sized bowl, stir and set aside for 20 minutes to marinate. Meanwhile pre-heat oven to 220C.
  2. Skewer the chicken and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes, turning skewers (make sure your wearing oven gloves!) 2-3 times.
  3. Carefully remove chicken from skewers and serve in a naan/pita sandwich or along with chips(fries) and salad.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 18 September 2014 at 13:50 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving the changes you've done to your site! Looks great mashAllah!
This chicken looks and sounds delicious! Can't wait to give it a shot :)

 
At 18 September 2014 at 14:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you like the new look, all credit goes to Noor if you ever need a blog design go to blogmepretty.com she does wordpress themes too. All are fairly priced and a quick turnaround / free installation. In shaa Allah you give these chicken kebabs a whirl they are similar to your shish tawook but without the yogurt marinade.

 

Post a Comment

Got a question? want to share your thoughts? leave a comment here.
*Please note, your comment will be visible after it has been approved *

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home